¡El regalo del lenguaje, es un regalo para toda la vida!
The gift of language is a gift of a lifetime!
The Bilingual Schoolhouse is a licensed child care facility in NW Oklahoma City. The Oklahoma Department of Health and Safety (DHS) is the licensing agency in Oklahoma City for child care and preschool programs.
Our language programs: (please see individual pages for more information on each program.)
* Full immersion Spanish Preschool – We strive to prepare our students for formal schooling through developing intellectual, cognitive, social and motor skills. Our learning philosophy is based on the principle that children learn best when they are having fun. We implement this philosophy by creating an active learning environment. Children are taught in a loving and caring environment where individuality and creativity are fostered.
* Language Classes, Home School Co-op and After School Spanish Club – full immersion foreign language classes and after school Spanish Club where children can learn a language through age appropriate play, dance, song, games, arts and crafts, story time, competition, outdoor activities, etc….
* Summer and School Break Spanish Camps – Children are immersed in foreign language through art, hand crafts, music, games, directed play, etc… Each camp is Monday – Thursday.
* Outreach Spanish Classes – Our school offers language instruction within several local public and private schools in Oklahoma City. Our Spanish teachers travel to various schools to teach and co teach in a Spanish immersion classroom.
* Tutoring in the Spanish Language – Our curriculum covers basics such as vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, and verb conjugations, but we also make language learning fun by helping the student learn in a “conversational” and “natural” manner.
Children learn naturally through activities, directed play, literacy, music, games, art and conversation.